Seared Salmon Fillets
over Sauteed Spinach and Mushrooms topped with Feta Cheese
This "Wicked Easy" salmon recipe balances health, taste, and simplicity! Salmon, known for its rich, buttery taste and incredible health benefits, is the heart of this dish.
Pat the boneless salmon fillets dry with a paper towel and then season both sides with salt and pepper.
In a large sauté pan, heat two tablespoons of the olive oil over medium-high heat. Place the salmon fillets into the hot pan, skin-side down. Cook for about 4 to 5 minutes until the skin is crispy and the salmon releases easily from the pan.
Flip the salmon fillets and cook the other side for another 3 to 4 minutes and the internal temperature is around 145*F. Remove the salmon fillets from the pan and keep them warm in a low oven or on a plate covered with aluminum foil.
In the same pan, add the last tablespoon of olive oil and the 2 tablespoons of butter. Heat over medium heat until the butter has melted. Add the minced garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds until it is fragrant. Then add the sliced mushrooms and cook for 4 to 5 minutes while stirring occasionally until they release their moisture and start to brown.
Stir in the chopped tomatoes and let cook for one minute.
Add the fresh spinach, that has been washed and trimmed, to the pan.
Cover the pan of spinach, mushrooms, and tomatoes and let steam for 2 to 3 minutes until the spinach has wilted.
Remove the lid from the spinach, mushrooms and tomatoes and add in the balsamic vinegar. Mix well, taste, and then correct the seasonings with salt and pepper as needed.
To serve, place a portion of the sauteed spinach, mushrooms, and tomatoes on each plate and then place a seared salmon fillet on top. Garnish each plate with some crumbled feta cheese on top and then serve immediately with your choice of starch. Here I am serving the salmon with a side of homemade gnocchi (click HERE for recipe).
Substitutions: Packed with omega-3 fatty acids, high-quality protein, and essential vitamins and minerals, salmon is a nutritional powerhouse! However, other boneless firm fish can be substituted if needed.
Seared Salmon Fillets over Sauteed Spinach and Mushrooms topped with Feta Cheese
This seared salmon fillet over Sauteed Spinach and Mushrooms recipe that is topped with Feta cheese is not only a feast for the eyes, but also a treat for your palate. The rich, savory flavors of the salmon meld perfectly with the earthiness of the mushrooms and the freshness of the spinach. Whether you are preparing it for a special dinner or a cozy weekend meal, this dish will surely impress your taste buds and leave you craving for more!
- 1 skillet
- 4 each Skin-on, Boneless Salmon Fillets (4 to 6 ounces each)
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 3 each Garlic Cloves, minced.
- 8 oz. Mushrooms, sliced. (Crimini, Button, etc.)
- 1 each Tomato, chopped.
- 8 oz. Fresh Spinach, washed and trimmed.
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- To taste Salt and Pepper
- ½ cup Crumpled Feta Cheese
- Pat the salmon fillets dry with paper towels. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Then place the salmon fillets in the hot skillet, skin-side down. Cook for about 4 to 5 minutes until the skin is crispy and the salmon easily releases from the pan.
- Flip the fillets and cook the other side for another 3 to 4 minutes, or until the salmon reached your desired level of doneness. The internal temperature should be 145*F. Once it is done, remove it from the pan and keep it warm in a low oven or on a plate covered loosely with aluminum foil.
- In the same pan, add the last tablespoon of olive oil and the butter over medium heat. When the butter has melted, add the minced garlic to the pan and sauté for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until they release their moisture and start to brown. Stir in the chopped tomatoes and then the spinach. Cover the pan and let cook for 2 to 3 minutes until the spinach has wilted.
- Remove the lid, add the Balsamic vinegar and mix well. Correct the seasoning with the salt and pepper as needed.
- To serve, place a generous portion of the sauteed spinach and mushrooms on each plate and then place a seared salmon fillet on top. Garnish each with the crumbled Feta cheese and serve immediately while it is hot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Please follow, share, and like us: