A Spicy Adventure for Your Taste Buds!
This "Wicked Easy" flavor-packed beer cocktail is one of Mexico's most iconic beverages! This refreshing and zesty concoction is a perfect match for warm weather and hot days.
These are the ingredients I use. Any tomato juice will work but I like using either a Bloody Mary mix or Clamato juice. For the beer, a light lager works best. I recommend a Mexican lager beer such as Modelo Especial or Corona. Use your favorite hot sauce and soy sauce in the recipe.
To start, we need to prepare the glass. Begin by mixing the salt and the chili powder together on a shallow plate.
Then moisten the rim of a chilled pint glass or mug with a lime wedge. This will allow the seasonings to stick to the rim.
Then dip the rim of the glass into the chili powder salt combination and rotate to evenly coat the edge. This step not only adds flavor but also a decorative look to the drink.
Fill the rimmed pint glass halfway with ice to keep your Michelada refreshingly cold.
Then pour in the tomato juice (which is what gives the Michelada its rich, savory character) followed by the lime juice (which provides a burst of citrusy brightness that is essential for a great Michelada), the Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, and hot sauce (adjusting the quantity to suit your spice tolerance). Then slowly pour in the beer at a slight angle to minimize excessive foam. Use a long spoon to gently stir all the ingredients together ensuring everything is well mixed while be cautious not to stir to vigorously and lose the carbonation. Garnish with a lime wedge and a sprinkling of the optional celery salt. Serve immediately while the Michelada is icy cold and effervescent.
NOTES: Experiment with different hot sauce and Worstershire sauces to find your perfect balance of heat and umami. If you are looking to make your Michelada even more substantial, consider adding grilled shrimp or a slice of crispy bacon as a garnish!
There you have it, the quintessential Michelada! With its bold flavors and refreshing nature, this zesty concoction is a perfect match for warm weather! Don’t forget to pair it with some tacos, ceviche, or your favorite Mexican cuisine for the ultimate culinary journey! Cheers to good food and drink, to good company, and unforgettable flavors!
This refreshing beer cocktail recipe is made with tomato juice, beer, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, hot sauce and spices.
- 1 16 oz. Glass or Mug
- 1 tbsp Kosher Salt
- ½ tsp Chili Powder
- 1 each Lime, cut into wedges.
- ½ cup Ice Cubes
- 4 oz Tomato juice, Bloody Mary Mix, or Clamato Juice
- 2 tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
- ½ tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ tsp Soy Sauce
- ¼ to ½ tsp Hot Sauce
- 12 oz Beer (Mexican Lager)
- To Taste Celery Salt (optional)
- Mix together the salt and the chili powder on a shallow plate.
- Run a lime wedge along the rim of a pint glass or mug and then dip the rim of the glass into the chili powder salt and rotate until the rim is fully coated.
- Fill the glass halfway with the ice cubes.
- Add the tomato juice, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and hot sauce into the glass.
- Pour the beer into the glass, garnish with a lime wedge and a sprinkle of the optional celery salt and serve.
- Plain tomato juice will work as well as any of the flavored varieties. I prefer to use a bloody Mary mix or Clamato juice in mine.
- Make sure to taste and adjust the seasoning to your liking. Many people like theirs spicier so feel free to add in more hot sauce as needed.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Please follow, share, and like us: