Maple Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Maple syrup makes these "Wicked Easy" mashed sweet potatoes that much better!
The simple ingredients to make this wicked easy and super delicious recipe are sweet potatoes, butter, maple syrup, milk, and salt & pepper.
Prick each sweet potato 3 to 4 times with a fork before baking. Then place them on a foil lined baking sheet for easy clean up and bake in a 350*F preheated oven for 60 to 75 minutes until done.
While the sweet potatoes are baking, melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Then add the maple syrup, milk, salt and pepper. Stir to combine, and then remove from the heat and set aside.
When the sweet potatoes are cooked and cool enough to handle, cut them open and scoop the warm flesh into the pan with the warm butter and milk mixture.
Over low heat, mash the potatoes with a potato masher or fork until smooth.
Taste the mashed sweet potatoes and adjust the salt and pepper seasonings as needed.
Transfer the mashed and seasoned sweet potatoes to a bowl and sprinkle with the optional chopped fresh herbs if desired. Serve hot!
NOTE: These Maple Mashed Sweet Potatoes can be made entirely ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator or freezer until needed! Before serving, stir in a little bit of milk and reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave.
Maple Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Maple syrup makes these wicked easy mashed sweet potatoes even better and they are super easy to make.
- 1 baking sheet
- 1 saucepan
- 1 potato masher
- 3 lbs. sweet potatoes (3 to 4 medium-sized)
- 6 tbsp butter
- 6 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp chopped fresh herbs (parsley, thyme, etc.) Optional
- Preheat the oven to 350*F and line a baking sheet with foil for easy clean-up.
- Prick each sweet potato 3 to 4 times with a fork to allow steam to escape during baking. Then place them on the foil lined baking sheet and cook in the oven until tender, about 60 to 75 minutes. Turn the potatoes over halfway through baking.
- While the potatoes are baking, prepare the seasoning liquid by first melting the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Then add the maple syrup, milk, salt and pepper. Mix to combine and then turn off the heat and set aside.
- When the sweet potatoes are cooked, cut them open and scoop out the warm flesh into the pan with the butter mixture. The use of an oven mitt or towel to hold the hot potatoes while you scoop them out will help to protect your hands.
- Over low heat, mash the potatoes with a potato masher or fork until smooth.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings with the salt and pepper if needed. Add in any optional chopped fresh herbs and serve hot.
- NOTE: These Maple Mashed Sweet Potatoes can be made entirely ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator or freezer. Before serving, stir in a little milk if needed and reheat on the stove top or in a microwave.
Please follow, share, and like us: