Crispy Chicken Thighs
with Roasted Vegetables
topped with Chimichurri Sauce
This "Wicked Easy" one-pan dinner is a go to recipe for busy nights when you crave a delicious hearty meal without the hassle. Crisp on the outside, tender on the inside, these chicken thighs paired with colorful roasted vegetables make for a delightful combination that will satisfy your taste buds and simplify your clean up!
Here are the main ingredients for the crispy chicken thighs with roasted vegetables recipe. Chicken thighs are the unsung heroes of the poultry world, bringing rich flavor and tenderness to the table. Unlike leaner cuts, the thighs remain moist and juicy, making them the idea choice for roasting. I use them for my breaded chicken sandwiches for the same reasons (click here for my crispy fried chicken sandwich recipe).
Preheat the oven to 450*F and then line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat (this makes cleaning the roasting pan afterwards a breeze!)
Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, oregano, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes in a bowl to make a seasoned marinade.
Cut the peeled carrot, red onion, and deseeded red pepper into roughly 1-inch pieces. Add them, along with the baby potatoes, to the marinade and toss well to coat.
Remove the vegetables from the marinade and arrange them in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet.
Next add the chicken thighs to the bowl of marinade and mix to coat them well. Then place the chicken thighs on top of the vegetables in the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle any remaining marinade over the chicken.
Place the pan into the oven and bake until the vegetables are tender, and the chicken is cooked, brown and crispy (a thermometer reads 165*F), about 45 to 60 minutes. I often times like to flip the chicken once during the cooking process so that both sides get crispy on the outside.
To serve, divide the chicken and vegetables evenly among the plates and garnish with the chopped parsley. Feel free to serve the dish with any appropriate sauce on top or on the side. I like to serve mine with homemade chimichurri sauce (click here for the recipe).
Reasons to love this dish:
Effortless Elegance – This dish achieves an elegant presentation with minimal effort, making it perfect for both weeknight dinners and special occasions.
Versatility – Feel free to customize the herbs, seasoning and vegetables based on what is in season or sitting in your refrigerator or cabinets. The possibilities are endless.
Balanced Nutrition – Packed with protein, vitamins, and fiber, this dish is a well=rounded nutritional powerhouse that satisfies both the palate and the body.
A symphony of colors and flavors! The beauty of this dish lies not only in its simplicity, but also in the vibrant array of colors and flavors. Roasting vegetables enhances their natural sweetness and adds a depth that perfectly complements the savory goodness of the chicken thighs!
Crispy Chicken Thighs with Roasted Vegetables
Chicken thighs are an ideal choice for high heat roasting as they stay juicy and crisp up nicely on top of the roasted vegetables they are cooked with.
- 1 Medium bowl
- 1 baking sheet
- ⅓ cup Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Fresh Oregano, minced
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 8 each Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs (About 1½ pounds)
- 1 lb. Small Potatoes (Fingerlings, Red Bliss, etc.)
- 1 each Medium Carrot
- 1 each Medium Red Onion
- 1 each Red Bell Pepper
- 2 tbsp Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 1 cup Chimichurri Sauce -optional (See blog post for recipe - https://chefroche.com/chimichurri-sauce/)
- Preheat the oven to 450℉. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Whisk together the oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, oregano, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes in a bowl. (Feel free to add or subtract amounts to your personal taste!)
- Cut the peeled carrot, red onion, and deseeded red bell pepper into roughly 1-inch pieces and then add them to the bowl with the marinade. Toss well and then arrange the vegetables in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel and then add them into the bowl with the marinade where the vegetables just were. Toss to coat evenly with the remaining marinade and then place the chicken on top of the vegetable in the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle any remaining marinade over the chicken.
- Bake in the oven until the vegetables are tender, the chicken brown and crispy, and a thermometer reads 165℉ when inserted into the thickest part of the chicken, about 45 to 60 minutes.
- To serve, divide the chicken and vegetables evenly among the plates and garnish with the chopped fresh parsley. Top with any appropriate sauce of your choice such as a chimichurri sauce (https://chefroche.com/chimichurri-sauce/)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Please follow, share, and like us: