Tandoori chicken is delicious and popular all over the world! It is a chicken dish that has been marinated in yogurt and spices and then roasting in a cylindrical clay oven called a Tandoor, or on a grill or regular oven!
1 Mixing Bowl
1 Grill or Oven
- 1 cup Plain Yogurt drained
- 1/4 cup Ginger and Garlic Paste (1:1 ratio)
- 1 Tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1 Tbsp Cumin Powder
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 3 Tbsp Vegetable Oil Mustard Oil preferred
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 pinch Dried Fenugreek Leaves crushed
- 3 drops Red Food Coloring
In a large mixing bowl, mix the drained yogurt with the rest of the ingredients and whisk well.
Remove the skin from the chicken and score the meat to allow the marination to penetrate.
Marinate the chicken for at least 4 hours, but overnight is the best.
Preheat a BBQ grill or oven to high heat. Add the marinated chicken pieces and cook until done, turning as needed.
Serve with your choice of starch, vegetable and sauce.