GRILLED GARLIC AND ROSEMARY LAMB CHOPS
Though spring is the most popular season for lamb, I love cooking and enjoying it during any season of the year!
Many people have a preconceived notion that lamb has too strong of a flavor. This is unfortunate because if most of them had a taste of a good, properly cooked lamb chop, they would most definitely change their mind!
The best cuts of lamb that work best on the grill are the loin chop (pictured above), rib chops, and sirloin chops. I am partial to lamb loin chops because they are one of the most readily available cuts at the grocery store and are lean, tender, and delicious! With their perfect 3- to 4-ounce serving size and attractive “T” shaped bone that runs through the meat, loin chops (sometimes called T-bone chops) are simple to prepare.
The important thing about lamb is that you have to know what ingredients complement its unique flavor. Some ingredients that go great with lamb are garlic, rosemary, thyme, oregano, lemon, mustard, and mint to name just a few.
For this Grilled Garlic and Rosemary Lamb Chops recipe, we will be using garlic and rosemary as our key ingredients, though adding lemon zest and Dijon mustard is an option.
Combine all of the marinade ingredients together, feeling free to customize and adjust amounts as you see fit.
Pour the marinade over the lamb chops, making sure to flip them over and cover them completely. I like to use my hands to rub the marinade over the chops to make sure the marinade touches all surface areas.
Cover the chops and let them marinate in the refrigerator for as little as 1 hour, or as long as overnight.
Due to the fattiness of lamb, they can be prone to flare-ups when grilling so be sure to keep an eye on them during cooking to avoid over-charring or burning the chops.
Grilled Garlic and Rosemary Lamb Chop
These super fresh and flavorful Grilled Garlic and Rosemary Lamb Chops are an easy dinner option that are made with a customizable marinade and then grilled to perfect perfection!
- 1 grill
- 2 lbs Lamb loin or ribs thick cut
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Rosemary, chopped
- 5 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard optional
- 1/2 each Lemon, zest and juice optional
- Combine the rosemary, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl. (If desired, add the optional lemon and mustard)
- Pour the marinade over the lamb chops and then rub it in to make sure the chops are covered completely.
- Cover and let the lamb chops marinate in the refrigerator for as little as 1 hour, or as long as overnight.
- Grill the lamb chops over medium-high heat on a preheated grill for 5 to 7 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reads 135 degrees F.
- Once done, allow the lamb chops to rest on a plate covered with aluminum foil for at least 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve the grilled lamb chops with your choice of vegetable and starch.
Please follow, share, and like us: